Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014's Scavenging Ooze!

Last night, I bought Dotp 2014 on Steam, basically only for the foil promo Scavenging Ooze.
I printed the slip and went to pick up the pack at my local cardshop.


A very thin pack. Like ancient times.


So I opened the pack and found 2 new cards along with the foil Scavenging Ooze.


Foil promo Scavenging Ooze is so cool! (I heard that there is a Japanese version too.)
Scavenging Ooze is going to be a powerhouse in Modern which used to only have Tarmogoyf as the main weapon of choice in the 2cc slot. Scavenging Ooze will mess up a few strategies and give you an edge in the Tarmogoyf mirror. I always run Scavenging Ooze alongside Tarmogoyf as a 1 of. I don't think that it replaces Tarmogoyf entirely but running it over Goyf #3 or #4 will definitely let you win more than you used to. 

Dotp 2014 has sealed deck campaigns and dropped Archenemy. I think the latter was more interesting. (Why would I want to play sealed in the first place? I used to like core set sealed for its good EV when I used to grind for points on MTGO before Core Set became a more mainstream format. It's not that amazing especially if you want to play it for fun.)
If they let me play Dotp2013 (not 2014) on my iphone, I would. Unfortunately they didn't think that they could fit it in a small screen so I'm out of luck. 

I don't think I'll touch the game yet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment