Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Sonic 1 ver 2! with Tails and Knuckles!!

So Friday was the last day of the GC slime event. Unfortunately, I only managed to get a whole line of weak slimes. :(

However, I saw a trailer on facebook with Sonic 1 on it.

Sonic 1 was my first ever video console game back when I was a little kid. Well, the Sega Megadrive had 2 games: Sonic and a F1 game, obviously for my dad. Well, both Sonic and I come a long way back.

What's new in version 2?



-the mode screen before the main title
-spin dash added
-the Special zone turns around much faster, making it much more difficult than it originally already was

Unfortunately, the game does not start with Tails and Knuckles unlocked.
Tails (Sonic and Tails) unlocks after you beat the game once.
I have not yet unlocked Knuckles but as I have yet to, I suspect that I either have to get all the Chaos Emeralds and beat the game or meet a certain timing for the Time Attack mode. I think it might be the latter.



This is one of my fav poses.



As with this..



Another uncommon shot..



Didn't know the stars were trailing...



Knuckles must have learnt from here.



Tails title screen... Tails is by far the most cheating character. His flying ability lets you get everywhere and Eggman's main advantage comes from the fact that you can't reach him. Not so with Tails.



At the start of Marble Zone act 1, there is this ledge that looks like you can run back and jump and somehow get unto it. I always wanted to see what was there. And.. there wasn't anything. I flew up and found a secret Invincibility box though.



Tails posing...



Tails easily reaching this platform...



Labyrinth Zone shots...



More of it...



Tails failing to keep aloft...



Tails game clear screen.



Sonic and Tails in Sonic 1.



Special Zone only admits one.



You're lost Tails.



Tails fooling around.



Labyrinth Zone shot.



Game clear shot.

Hope Knuckles unlocks soon :(

No comments:

Post a Comment