Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Blaster Mameshiba~

Today, I went down to my local card shop with the intention to get the Vangaurd Mameshiba sleeves that I recall seeing before for the Blaster Mameshiba card and I did manage to get my hands on them.
(2 left, including the display)


What's a Mameshiba? It's a bunch of beans-(shiba dog faced) that provide some trivia (called mame chishiki in Japanese) and make people uncomfortable.
The following Youtube link would suffice to explain everything.


So the trivia on the card/sleeves actually say: "Did you know? Blaster Blade is actually the name of the sword." I can imagine Aichi feeling down (like all the other people in the video) to that comment especially when he always says Blaster Blade is his avatar. Lol. 



Blaster Mameshiba! I found out at the shop that the banned list is being redone in a week so I can run 4x Wingal Brave and 2 Majesty Lord Blaster (like my 3DS build). Tutoring is such a powerful effect.


Here are my Vanguard stuff I managed to get today. I think I am probably almost completing my deck.
I think it is quite odd that I am actually getting cards for a game I have never physically played a game in.
I suppose building a deck that can be eternally used would be fine. I'm ok with that. Maybe when I get a kid and he/she grows up and somehow ends up playing the game, I can take out my deck and win on technical play. HAHA. 

Vanguard basically has 2 main aspects to playing the game once deckbuilding is cleared:
Technical play and tactical play.
The first requires a considerable understanding of the basic game mechanics to make better plays. This part goes very deep which makes it very interesting.
The second is understanding the opponent's strategy to give yourself an advantage over them by disrupting them while pushing for yours.

I also learnt of double sleeving to actually protect the sleeve today. (woot)
In Magic, hardcore people use 2 sleeves to protect very high value cards. I personally have not tried that before.
The Mameshiba sleeves were $25 actually and Vanguard / the other bushiroad games have some fancy sleeves to play in (that cost more than Magic sleeves). The guy tending the shop space for Vanguard advised me to double sleeve to protect my Mameshiba sleeves so I did.
(Wow the deck becomes so fat with all the air and sleeves)

I hope I actually manage to find Blaster Mameshiba and Exculpate the Blaster in the 3DS game.
I think they are quite important for the deck I want to make. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment