Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

3DS: Vanguard - Ride to Victory

 
I got my 3DS package delivered today...
(Arrived in the country on Sat but FedEx couldn't clear the customs for it, held the package till end of Monday, wanted to send on Tuesday but sent to my home instead of my workplace where I told them to send to on Sat. So I FINALLY got it today.)
 

The 3DS I got was pink because it was the cheapest of the bunch. The next was at least $20 more.
To be honest, I initially thought I could get this at $200-$300 but ended up spending $300+.
I probably won't be buying anything next month.


 
Unpacked the game =)
 
I picked a girl for my character. Hard to tell from the above pic why... 
 
 
Here are the 6 characters to choose from.
 

 
I picked the Royal Paladin Starter so that I can get to my Blaster deck the quickest.

 
They gave me a free booster and I got Alfred!


Here are some codes (the ones in red) to get the promo cards, which you get a playset of.
How generous.
 There are 2 more cards, sleeves and a playmat.
 

 
Packs sure are cheap for Vanguard. I start out with 3350 of the currency and each pack costs 100!
The other games so far have packs at a higher price but maybe the money won from battles were higher. I don't recall that part.

 
I remember needing that for my first iteration of the deck until I figure out whether or not it is the better build. Now, he's a grade 1 to ride off Wingal Brave.  I spent some packs on the Shadow paladin pack and managed to get 1x Blaster Dark in the last pack.
I played a match vs Morikawa and I won, netting me about 7 more packs worth. 

 
I cashed it and I got Wingal Brave!
 

 
A game against Izaki and I got enough funds to buy out the box to get Majesty Lord Blaster in the final pack. (They sure know how to keep people at the edge of their seats)
 
Soooooooooo... It turns out that I can't actually charge the 3DS by plugging the charger into the socket. Upon google searching and reading tons of questions/answers, the voltage difference may be a possible reason as to why I can't charge the 3DS at all.
I think and I hope that getting a local 3DS charger would fix this but that also means I am stuck without being able anything more for today. T.T

(While I was going to ask shops about the 3DS, I learnt that it was region restricted like some game systems which means that I can't buy Japanese games at many places and I can't buy normal games to put into the 3DS. What's with that Nintendo??? That was why I gave up and just ordered everything online. I can only hope that the locally bought charger has nothing against the JP 3DS. I'll ask but it had better not be unusable.)

 
Here's my updated blaster page with the 2 new promo Blaster Blade and Dark on the sides of Majesty Lord Blaster. I just need to get one of the trial deck art for Blaster Blade and I would have 4 different art for it. I heard that Shadow Paladins may have a trial deck in June so I hope Blaster Dark (who has a cape in that art) is not a different Blaster Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment